Courses and Eligibility
A bachelor degree at the initial level is an essential requirement, preferably in the field of finance, business administration, accounting, statistics or economics.
Delhi University offers a course in Bachelor of Financial and Investment Analysis at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies in New Delhi while courses in other related subjects are offered in many Indian universities.
For Post Graduate Course (Masters in financial management), a graduate degree in any discipline is the minimum requirement. Most of the top universities need a minimum of 50% in graduation. Most of the universities also conduct an entrance exam for getting entry to the course.
You need to be a graduate or have 4 years of relevant professional experience to enrol for US Based CFA Institute Exam. You have to qualify all the three levels to become a CFA Charter Holder member.
The curriculum comprises of three levels of study in the CFA program.
The Level I study program emphasizes on tools and inputs, and includes an introduction to asset valuation, financial reporting and analysis, and portfolio management techniques. The Level II study program emphasizes asset valuation, and includes applications of the tools and inputs (including economics, financial reporting and analysis, and quantitative methods) in asset valuation.
The Level III study program emphasizes portfolio management, and includes strategies for applying the tools, inputs, and asset valuation models in managing equity, fixed income, and derivative investments for individuals and institutions.
The CFA programme by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India is also a sought after course for becoming a financial analyst. The examinations are held four times a year. There are six groups of exams that one needs to clear to get the certificate of Masters of Financial Analysis. Additional financial analyst courses pursued by the candidate are also accepted in the industry.
The candidates aspiring to become financial analysts must have a strong hold in statistics, business, economics, administration and accounting as this enhances the growth potential within an organisation.
Course fee for MSc Finance course offered by JBIMS Mumbai University is Rs 1 lakh per year.
Per year fee for Christ University B Com Finance is Rs 1,90,000 per year.
Top colleges for Bachelor in Finance / B Sc Finance / Financial analyst
For bachelor level course one can study at
1. Delhi University ( Shaheed Sukhdev college of Business Studies) offer Bachelor in Financial and Investment Analysis. Admission on the basis on entrance test.
2. St Joseph's college of commerce, Banagalore . The college offers B Com Professional Interational Accounting and Finance. The admission is on the basis of entrance test.
3. Christ University ( Deemed to be University) Bangalore offers Bachelor of Business Administration ( Finance and International Business ), B Com Hons Startegic Finance with CMA Course and B Com Hons in Strategic Finance integrated with CMA certification.
4. MMK College of Commerce and Economics ( Smt Mithibai Moitram Kundnani College ), Mumbai B Com Financial Markets course
5. H.R college of commerce & economics, Mumbai Offers B Com Financial Markets
6. Jai Hind College Mumbai Offers B Com Financial Markets
7. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai offer B Sc Finance.
8. BHU Varanasi offers B Com Hons and B Com Hons Finacial Markets Management course
9. Sri Krishna Arts and Science college, Coimbatore Affiliated to Barthiar University offers B com ( Capital Markets )
10. Manipal University offers BBM E banking and Finance, BBM in Financial Markets.
11. Amity University Noida offers B Com Finance and Accounts and BBA Finance and Accounts.
12. School of commerce, Gujarat university, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
CFA one has to clear the exams which are level 1, level 2 and level 3 exam.
For Masters Level one can go for Specialized courses like
National Stock exchange NSE offers PG programme in Financial Markets and PG Diploma in Financial Markets
Delhi University Department of Financial Studies offeres Masters In Finance and Control.
Mumbai University Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies offers MSc Finance, and MBA Finance. For M Sc Finance the institue takes its own entrance test ( General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Language skills) followed by an interview and GD. There are 30 seats in the course and Applications close in June and entrance ios also held in the month of June.
National Institute of Securities Markets NISM Mumbai ( Educational Initieative of SEBI) Offers PGDM course in Securities Market ( AICTE Approved ) and various certification courses.
Andhra University in MOU with Capital IQ Pvt Ltd offers Masters in Finance and Control
GGS IP University Delhi offer MBA Financial Markets in collaboration with National Stock exchange NSE. This program offers MBA with NSE certification in Financial markets.
St Joseph's college of commerce, Banagalore . The college offers M Com Financial Analysis. The admission is on the basis of entrance test.
BSE Institute ( Subsidiary of BSE ) offers PG PRogram in Global Financial Markets and PG program in Banking and Finance
Or One can go for MBA in finance offered by top business schools like
· IIM Ahmedabad
· IIM Bangalore
· IIM Calcutta
· IIM Lucknow
· ISB Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
· SP Jain institute of management and research, Mumbai